Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement of Need for J1 from India - stepthreeusmle
@spyros123
it is not late...just fax all the documents and see that u pay the fees online...so they process it fast
i submitted my application few days back only

@fmdoc2011
its different with different programs...for me i filled the form first and sent it to TPL and the TPL filled her part and sent it to me and i had to send all the documents to ecfmg
Hi! First time poster here. I am already working in the US as a research fellow on a J1 research visa, and have been offered a residency off-cycle. Can anyone tell me if I need to submit any additional documents (like my current research DS 2019) to the Ministry of Health in India? Thank you in advance!
Another quick question if anyone knows about this - My hospital handed me a bunch of forms one of which is called the Licensure Verification form for to be filled out by the State medical board of where you are licensed to practice medicine, even if it is a non-US country. Since I got my MBBS from India should I fill this?
Hello everyone. I prematched in SUNY Downstate on a J 1 visa. I am in India currently and I need to get a statement of need as well. I called the number and talked to this guy who says that new guidelines have to be issued for that and that he does not know when that will happen and it will take 15 days to do it after that.
He says it makes no difference as to whether I come there in person or send the documents by post.
I am a bit worried because I dont know if I have enough time as ecfmg takes time to send the DS and the consulate in india takes time to process it as well. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get the NOC faster and if anyone has had a similar experience????
Hello everyone. I prematched in SUNY Downstate on a J 1 visa. I am in India currently and I need to get a statement of need as well. I called the number and talked to this guy who says that new guidelines have to be issued for that and that he does not know when that will happen and it will take 15 days to do it after that.
He says it makes no difference as to whether I come there in person or send the documents by post.
I am a bit worried because I dont know if I have enough time as ecfmg takes time to send the DS and the consulate in india takes time to process it as well. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get the NOC faster and if anyone has had a similar experience????
bump...
Read this guys:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=651297
@blaze...even i prematched at SUNY downstate on J1 visa...i assume u r talking abt peds? I am in India rt now...can I please have ur email? I am yet to start my visa process...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »