Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if some body can help me out... - craveforsuccess
hi guys,
i' done md in obgy from my home country.so i'v 4 LOR from my obgy teachers.now i'm in USA, cant go back,and after coming here i realize it's ificult to get in obgy,so am planning to apply in pedia,IM,FP,
but the problem is i'v LOR from obgy guys...will IM,PED,FP consider those LOR...
PLease HELLLLLPPPP AND ADVICEEEEEE
THANKS
hello,

I dont know about your credential, but FMGs do get residency in OB-GYN. you can try if you wish to continue in the same speciality.

as far as LORs are concerned, as per my opinion they require LORs from medical personnel irrespective of their speciality. you can provide the same LORs to apply to different speciality but don't forget to change personal statement accordingly.
Ob/ Gyn experience is seen as favorable by PD's in Family Practice. Write your Personal statement saying that you like family practice for the variety of patients you can see and will like to focus on OB-Gyn practice in FP. Some programs like to see/ ask you during the interview what is your focus in Family Practice. Concoct a good and believable story.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »