Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am in a dilemma.... pls give me your suggestions - vlsr
Hi....

I am a silent viewer of this forum. I am an IMG. I am in a dilemma of which program to apply.

I graduated in 2008. Got 1 yr of experience working as a medical officer under pediatric doctors in my home country. Have 4 months of US observership in Pediatrics, 2 months of observership in FM and 2 months of externship in Pediatrics. My scores are 76 in Step 1, CS passed on 2nd attempt and taking CK in June,2011.

If i get above 90 in CK and Step 3, to which program should i apply and what are my chances of getting interviews for Match 2012.

I am interested in Pediatrics / FM. Please help me i am not able to decide what to go with.
1: your step 1 is low & you have an attempt -- it is an issue and you also know it.

2: we dont know your ck or step 3 result yet -- so please please ACE them...give NBME's/revise/practice questions...but do make sure you get high scores to get you back in the game.

3: your YOG is 2008 - same as mine ...i consider that that to be borderline ok..one more year and we would join the Elite Resident War Veteran Forum (ERWVF)

4: you have an edge in Pediatrics -- around 6 months...both Pedia/FM (& psych as well) are for bottom feeders...so I think you should pick pedia based on your experience...but remember - positions in FM >>>> pedia & psych -- so make a call..

whatever you decide -- from now till the day you match, try to acquire as much relevant experience in that field..pimp up your resume with everything possible in those fields..

but please -- make sure you get a great score in next 2 exams
thanks cyclepsychkal...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »