Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my usmle cd score to docsepy and others. -
shine

I solved usmle cd today. It is of3hr duration.I got 78%.Does this score is important.? Is it a good score?How should i interprit it?
Waiting for your reply .Bye
docespy - docespy

If your talking about the cd that ecfmg or nbme send you when you complete registration. 785 IS A VERY GOOD SCORE.
I found that those questions where easier than qbank and the usmle itself. Do NBME selfassessment forms 1 and 2. This is the practice test that most resembles the real exam, and some of the questions appear in the real exam.
The only drawback is that they don't provide the answers
for you to review.QBANK is the best practice test to learn from, but as an assessment NBME is the best.
After qbank I think NMS is the next best study/practice exam outhere.In third place comes USMLEasy.com
The following list is in order from most similar to least similar to the real exam:
1) NBME CSSA (assessment and points out weaknesses)
2) QBANK online (practice, learn and assess progress)
3) NMS cd (practice, learn and assess progress)
4) USMLEasy.com (practice, learn and assess progress)
5) BSS (outdated)
Another simulated test that is free and very close to the real exam is the one provided by Blackwell publishers, like NBME
it doesn't provide any answers, but it does tell you where you stand as far as correlations go.
Hope this was helpful
PS:for some fun learning do usmle.myplayspace.com
its firsst aid interactive, free and has over 5000 high yield
open-ended questions, try to answer them before looking at the answer.
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Junming

Hi, Shine,

I think 78 is good enough. Based on other people's post, you will have no problem to pass. But if you want 90s, you still need some work for one more month.

My socre was very similar to yours. I got 40, 42, 40, so average about 80% one month ago. one week later, I did the NBME, got 510. I can't tell you the correlation b/c I did not take the test yet.

Good Luck
shine

Thanx docsepy and junming .I have still 2weeks in hand if i study hard i will improve much i think so.
i am solving qbank for second time so i feel it very easy but the real test is basic oriented.
Plaese tell me how to utilise these last very important two weeks. I plan to comlete the q bank by 30th of this month and then to read first aid for last 8 days.My exam is on 9th of augest.Is it a good plan?What else i should do to improve my score.?
Your suggestions are most welcomed.
Again thanx docsepy ,u are really a very good adviser and a good friend too.I appriciate your success.Wish u best luck for your future.
Just Me

Docespy, where do you get the Blackwell assessment?
docespy - docespy

go to blackwellpublishersmedstudentus.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »