Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applicantguide!! please come in. - guanyu
Hey I need your IMG friendly list but I need to make sure before I purchase for that list.

1. the lists are update right?
2. if I buy internalmedicine list and Med-Ped list can I have discount.
3. does it have any detail about visa requirement in each program in your list, any name and contact information of each program?

BTW what is my chance of getting residency?

- YOG 2008 IMG need visa.
- Step1 99(231)
- Step2 99(261)
- Step2cs Passed 2nd attempts (my drawback)
- Step3 97(227)
- 4USLORs
- 6 months observership in famous hospital
- 6 months research experience in famous hospital
- 3 months USCE
- 1 poster presentation
- 1 abstract

will apply to internal medicine and Med-Ped program.
Daer Guanyu
Are you really asking about chances with this superior profile, I bit if you applied to the most competitive specialty as radiology you will get it. You have excellent chances in my opinion.

1-updated based on all the interviews 2011 match.

2-Sorry no discount because this is not in my hand, I can'tcontrol prices, it is an automatic fixed thing.

3-No details, They are containing all the img friendly programs that were inviting the IMGs to interviews in the past few years and are updated based on the 2011 match interviews. these lists don't include any criteria because

1-we are against limiting the application to certain programs based on criteria otherwise you will end getting no invites (based on 5 year experience guiding IMGs)

2-last few years many people were interviewing and matching in programs they don't meet their minimum criteia

3-these criteria changes each year and usually these programs don't follow there criteria except in some high tier university programs

4-many factors can make an applicant overcome these filters as green card, previous residency.....

5- If you want the risky way, you may find these lists with criteria elsewhere where thousands of people will be applying all together to those programs and so you will not have any chance (not in your case but who have lower scores).

AG
I guess that guanyu is a Chinese.

For Chinese, it is exceedingly hard to get in radiology. If you are going to apply radiology, make sure that you have a score over 240(baseline) in step 1. 250 is better though. For almost 1/2 radiology residency programs, GC is a requirement. The good part is that PD does not look at your CS attempts. But they do care your attempts in step1&CK. PD has a different criteria for Chinese Medical graduates other than indians or pakistani who are skilled in English. Radiology PD usually require the Chinese to have a US Ph.D. and extensive research experience to get in radiology residency plus exceedingly high score. Career gap is dealbreaker for many radiology programs. If you are unemployed for over 6 months, Rad PD is super concerned. Taking care of baby is absolutely not a good excuse. GL though.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »