Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a qn -
madhu

Hi
if iwant to start residency as early as possible then what is the deadline to finish all 3 steps and toffle (i am an img)?
matoka

Hello,
The earliest year you can start the residency training is 2006 , of course if you pass all your exams. The deadline is the end of October, 2005, to finish and pass both steps, step 1 and step 2, and no latter that the end of December next year, even much earlier to take and pass CSE ( step 2 CS, the new name ).
You must have passed step 1 in order to be eliglible for CSE, the recommandation is to apply for CS as soon as possible. TOEFL is no longer a requirement for ECFMG certification, it has been removed since this past spring.
Subscribe for step 1 and stick to it, try to do your utmost to pass it and then dream about the following two exams: step 2 and CS. One you pass step 1 you are able to apply for both , Step 2 and CS. My friendly and strongly advice to you is to take each step at the time , to deal with each step at the time.
No matter what choice you make, try to be realistic, don't try to push yourself. I have a sad experience with my new American family who pushed me beyond my limits, made surrelistic plans for me and here I am where I am, dealing again with step 1, going backwards, instead of going forward !
Good luck with your choice and your USMLE exams. May God help you to be a resident physician in 2006 !
matoka
USMLE_GIRL

LISTEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE toefl NOW WITHT HE CURRECT csa.............
madhu

Thanks to both of u.i am taking one step at a time but i don't want to waste time. i want to plan accordingly to start with the residency as soon as possible.
Thanks once again.
docespy - docespy

If you can get your ecfmg certificate by Dec. of this year, you can start residency next July2005.
madhu

well, i have already applied online for step 1. my certificates are on their way to ecfmg. How much time will it take for the certification?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »