Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few eras questions - ashy
Hi ppl pls someone tell me .,1) do i have to send the documents again for ecfmg credentials for getting certified?
2)I never knew abt PTAL , just read it on one forum. If I apply now will I get it on time for the match.
3) when do v need all the lors? i have two but the third ones gonna take time so by when do i need to get them at last?
4) do v need to get the usmle transcripts?
also i have one med school transcript but that doesn have my internship info.. so do i need to fet a full thing again and ask them to send it along with MSPE to the eras?
1) yes you would have to send documents to ecfmg. you have to send in certifed documents. ecfmg would only mark it to denote if it is certified or not since they have to scan it and upload on their site, in preparation to forward to eras upon your request from eras to get your documents from ecfmg.

2) PTAL takes a while. They have things they need outlined in the form. You may get it in time for the match. Geographical location would be of great help, such that you could get your documents and send it to the Californian Medical Board. Closer you are to USA the better, things would be faster. Since it is a hectic process. There's no timeline which i have come across set by the Californian Board as to when they would approve PTAL letters. But still a long way off till March next year so you can try complete it before the applications are downloaded by the residency programs

3) well lors have to be send to ecfmg. there is a long line there, as documents are send in. They would have to scan these documents and upload it in their database. First come First Serve basis. Well it depends on the number of applications to be scanned and uploaded. Earlier the better but ideally before the programs start downloading applications in september

4) no, there is no need to get the usmle transcript. besides there is no transcript provided by the ecfmg other then the pdf files. this give a feedback of ones exam. other then that, usmle scores is mainly for for application to residency, and electronically transferring this score from ecfmg to eras and from eras to residency programs is all that is needed with it. the only certificate one would receive is the ecfmg certification which one gets upon completion of usmle step 1 and the two usmle step 2

as for internship - this is a question asked somewhere in filling application, whether you were required to complete a period of internship before you were issued your medical degree certificate or not. if yes, the you would proceed to include it in your mspe. however from the look of it, it wasn't included by your school. which may mean you graduated and had your degree before you internship. if that is the case, that internship is not counted to medical school years. by itself it is counted as working experience. i am sure your medical school knows their dominion and to what syllabus were they ascribing you to complete, of which, they would write accordingly.
Thanks qwery. It was really helpful..
you have to pay me ashy
Smile then let me ask u all my doubts before payin u..
I do not clear with No.1

Que: Do i have to send the documents again for ecfmg credentials for getting certified?

Ans: Yes, you would have to send documents to ecfmg. you have to send in certifed documents. ecfmg would only mark it to denote if it is certified or not since they have to scan it and upload on their site, in preparation to forward to eras upon your request from eras to get your documents from ecfmg.

I don't understand "ecfmg credentials for getting certified"
You mean to get "ecfmg certificate"?
And I have one more question.

Can I ask my school to send MSPE to me and then, I will send to ERAS. OR Do I have to ask my school to send MSPE directly to ERAS?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »