Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read this...!! - response
60 yrs u said...after hundreds of yrs of bigotry.

the issue is does every 1 who come out of india has the same reasons u have mentioned...i dont think so infact very few do so....indias growing resource is its manpower and its ability to sustain a distinct innate indianness irrespective of circumstances...they are out to conquer the world by the sheer might of there presence...in every field..inspite of every descrimination they face..u talk of corruption n lawlessness..

i cant imagine any other place in the world sustaining itself with so much vigour in such scarce resources as india does...we interact with the circumstances and are the only population in d wold currently who aspire for greater achievement n advancement...on their terms n on there turf...u ll live long enuff...n u need jus a touch of vision to see wots happenin around u to realise the mamoth thts risen out of a place cald india..

as for india..well 60 yrs...in the europian dark ages wen they were dying indians were at their prime...buddha was 660bc...get a look at history...n in 40 yrs we will redifine it again...throughout history indians never left home..they look inwards for greater understanding not outworldly...now they r movin out...take a peep around n take a bow!
You're right reliza. But I just wrote my expereince(which is the truth by the way) and for some reason many think its an offence to them directly!I have yet to use any foul language.....I guess I'm above all this.As of now anyone can write whatever they want I'm not responding to this thread anymore. One thing I've realized after living in India.....people can be hypocrites where they one thing and do the total opposite.No point fighting in such situations.Any how thanks raliza for your advice. I'll move on do what I'm suppose to do......get myself into a residency program.Wishing all(even those felt offended by my 'eye opening' anecdotes)the best of luck for 2006 match.
For sneha I read somewhere you were quite worried about not getting interview calls......I wish you best of luck.
i thought buddha was born in nepal...
or what has been taught to us..wrong?
Buddha was known as Siddharta bron in the kingdom of Kappilavastu which now falls in Nepal.....however HE spend most of his lifetime in India where he received englightent to know the 'TRUTH' under the Bodhi(peepal in Hindi)tree in Bodh gaya(currently in Bihar).
i totally agree...thats what i meant..
thanks vrin..for clarifying
Response,

What program did you do your externship at?
To Vrindavan,
How do u think people diagnose Endocarditis without Echo in remote areas of India? Dont they know what janeway's lesions and osler's nodes are? Ever tried applying for the All India Open test for PG study? Ever dreamnt how difficult is it to get a residency position in All India Institute of Medical Sciences? I agree, there is corruption etc going on, but at the same time you should acknowledge the good things that the Indian medical system has!
I hate to offend anyone here, but I think program directors really want to know about accent. I am sure that there are many people with great scores, and even a great personality, but their accent is so bad that they can't communicate with patients. That's why usce, and lor are important. Actually that's what I loved about the cs exam, they make everyone learn about "communication skills" so they don't have to teach it during pgy1... They don't really care if you have an accent, but if it's too thick, and your grammer is poor, that's what program directors are scared of. (that's why proofreading your personal statement is extremely important; and make sure you are using american english instead of british)

Board scores are not meaningless, it's just that there is much much more competition; especially if you need a visa. Much more competition means many more courses and qbanks, but the higher scores are do to our studying, there is no "magic bullet" to a 99. And sometimes, American grads do get passed over for img's... as one program director said "it's better to have a stellar img, than a soso American"

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »