Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applicant guide or any other informed perso - usmle11
Pls, how much does multiple attempts on CS play on your chances of getting a good spot?

An IMG with excellent step 1 and 2ck scores but didn't make it on my first cs attempt. Due to repeat this July. Thanks for ur replies.
multiple attempts on step 2 CS do affect your chances. though NRMP has not released hard data on chances of residency interview after attempts in step 2 cs. it does affect you chances. if you have an attempt and program is filtering out candidates based on 2 CS also then there is not much you can do to fix it. If however, you are considered in lieu of your step 1 and 2 CK you must be ready to explain your attempt on interview.
If you did not pass CS because of issues with dealing with foreign persons, accent or body mannerisms, you also need to work on those as those are also the factors that can lead to a unsuccessful interview.
good luck!
mleresidencytips
http://mleresidencytips.blogspot.com/
Thanks mleresidencytips. this is really devastating. U know i had 246 and 257 in step 1 and step 2 respectively, do u think programs who screen on basis of multiple attempts can give me interview invitations????
any one????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »