Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psych applicants please read - psych_doctor
They are mostly interested in your personality. Ironically, I found my interviews in FP more exacting in finding what my personality is. Maybe because FP Dr's are more relaxed.
You must be able to answer on "Why Psych?" which includes your training causing interest, your personality, your personal interests, and what you want to get out of psych. Most importantly, they want to know who you are. You will find the interviews a bit lazy, because that is what they are doing all day with their patients and other applicants. Try and strike a chord with each person your with. Make a friend and chances are that you will be in.
But this is all common sense, I think, which you will need alot of if you plan to be in Psych.
Guys did u get any replay from Sunny downstate, NY
i just posted my experience.. by rosom123
hi mnhakeem, no call from suny downstate......have a call from suny buffalo.
rosom123,i read ur intv. exp......thanks and keep it coming guys Smile
got 85 on step 1. no step 2 yet. i got 2 psych interviews: hartford living and lubbock texas tech. i am supposed to take step 2 ck in 10 days on nov 15 (already a little late) but just got a 310 on the nbme. i am plannin on taking another NBME to see if i need to pospone it. the problem is i am gonna take CS on dec 6 and my CS kaplan course starts on nov 17th.

thus if i postpone step 2 ck it will be probably by mid jan when i get my score since usmle is closed the 1st 2 weeks. i already got 2 interviews for psychiatry. what should i do?

my question is can i still get interviews with a mid jan score and what is the latest i need to get my score in and be in the match and how does post match work.

EDIT:

i took another nbme and got 320. got 76% on the usmle cd. i decided to postpone. since i have to take the CS and since usmle is closed 1st 2 weeks of jan i plan on taking the usmle on jan 15th. i have 2 interviews to go to before that. what should i do??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »