Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to mleresidencytips - mark13985

step 1 86(210)
step 2 ck 95(230)
step 2cs pass 1 st attempt
step 3 85(205)
6 months observership in dept of internal med in university hospital with hands of experience.and lor frm program director.
2009 yog.need visa..
i want to apply for im and peds.mostly in community programs.
plzzz give ur honest opinion.thanx in advance
step 1 86(210)
[ok]

step 2 ck 95(230)
[better]

step 2cs pass 1 st attempt
[good]

step 3 85(205)
[ok]

6 months observership in dept of internal med in university hospital with hands of experience.and lor frm program director.
[this is the best aspect of your application. hands on US experience and sterllar letter from US referee]

2009 yog.need visa..
[not an old grad, good]

i want to apply for im and peds.mostly in community programs.
plzzz give ur honest opinion.thanx in advance
[your scores are a setback but not impossible to work with. you are correct in wanting to apply to community programs as this will be your best bet. apply to as many programs as you fiscally can. IM and Peds is a good choice but you should also invest some time in prepping for FM programs - you do have a LOR from FM PD. you could do 40% FM, 30% IM and 30% peds but this will increase the number of programs you will have to apply. if you focus on IM of FM you can do 50-50.]
i have lor frm director of internal medicine not frm family medicine..and how many programs i should apply to??
anything north of 150 is going to be a good bet. i am seeing some people on the forum applying to 200 programs. its getting tougher, I my self applied to 120 programs, but that was 4 years ago.
oh ok..u are talking abt applying to 150 IM and 150 peds or fm??or 150 programs im and peds togather??
well as far as it goes, if you can afford, you need to apply to as many programs as available. if you apply 150 together, its going to be 75 and 75 each. which may be less. shoot for something like 175 or 180.
oh ok i got you..thank u very much..i highly appreciate ur advise..thanx again..
n u think fm is more useful for me to apply rather than peds??coz i m doin observership in peds rt nw in one doctor's office..thats why i wanna apply to peds too..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »