Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prematch, preliminary year - lakshmi3
I already have preliminary position in my hand. I didn't apply to any of the advanced programs like radiology, anaesthesiology etc. what are my chances of getting these in post match or if I apply next year?? can I go to 2nd year IM after prelim year. do i have chances of getting in good univ hospitals for pgy2 ??? and also can I go to PGY2 IM from transitional year? please suggest

thanks in advance
yes u can
can u tell me abt min score req for anaetsh residency, also will it help if i go in for prelim match?
93-99 provided you have : (if you don't have these , you'r 99 will still have tough unpredictable time )
US medical graduate
citizenship/GC
USCE
3 good-excellent USLORS
Publications.
fresh graduates.
It's not because the sub is extraordinary,,, but only because it has more money and less work, less sue,,that's it.
lakshmi3,

just wonder why u applied prelim but not any advanced programs? I thought prelim is a lot competitive than catagorical
laksmi,

You are going in the right direction. You have done 80% of work to get in to radiology or anes or any advanced specialty. My suggestion is as you already have the prelim position, Apply to all the advanced programs right now mentioning that you already have prelim position.

Having a prelim position adds so much weight to your application. Usually what happens there will be atleast 50+ positions available in each adv specialty in post match scramble and 50+ positions available in aech adv specialty after pgy1 as people leave programs for several reasons. You will definitely get in to specialty you want. Now sit back and relax.
enigma1,

in a way nizan hit the points. but I will give you a IMG's requirement perspective

1. USMLE SCORES - the higher the scores the better (220+ puts you on par with AMGs because most AMGS who apply have 220+)
2. Previous Anes Experience. If you have MD in GAS(home country) its better.
3. USCE like externship in Anes, which will give you exposure and LORS.
4. Communication skills.
5. Well recognised medical school in your home country.
6. Contacts. Well no need to mention its importance. If you have worked with faculty, PD, residents while rotating at the program, it definitely helps.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »