Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@eduardo or anyone else using medEssentials - carpediem1

how does it compare to FA? and is it worth getting?
hey man. yea i like med essentials. alot of cool graphs in there. like for instnace some cardio graphs were better than FA> . so what i did. i made a copy of my med essentials of each page individually so now i can cut out what i like and put it into my FA. its kinda working. like some renal stuff too. i mean . med essentials have everything kaplan does just in a review format. of course its worth getting in my opiniong.

thanks eduardo. I heard it pretty much covers all the material FA does + some more...is that right?

I saw that u took ur NBME & didn't get the score u wanted. but glad to see u r still studying hard. did u do UW a 2nd time...all or just the incorrect ones?

GL Smile
thanks man. im going hard. i want to get rid of this exam. i graduate in december and want to do one exam before i leave. i wil take another exam in about 25 days. so gonna do a block of uworld a day. im done 50 percent. my score is 60 percent. i did u world once before like 10 months back but started doing it again about 40 days ago. im gonna read kaplan med essent and first and then FA again with DIT> what is your plan. thanks for replying. all my class mates are dumb asses. no one has a real plan. lol. best of luck to you too
Can you please tell me where I can get the medEssentials?
used on amazon is ur best bet

I also wanna get this exam over with. I already finished with CK & CS so just have this last exam left. Looks like we started UW around the same time & also are done about the same amount of q's too. A block of UW a day is really good if u r also writing down explanations. R u doing q's timed, mixed or by subject? I'm doing them by subject.

I finished up path, micro, immuno. Am doing BS & histo explanations now. Then onto biostats & genetics. Once I finish up UW q's, plan on doing the incorrects & going over FA again & somewhere in between all this squeeze in another round of Goljan audio.

I'm trying to keep my studying as simple as possible. I'm getting tempted to use alot of different sources but I think then I wont know my main book FA really well. I still have to do NBME & FRED q's so gotta leave time for that as well. I found that it helps to set a daily target...even if u dont meet it u would come close to it.

GL!
i write down the explanations. one block. i only have FA Med essentials now which im starting. doctors in training workbook. thats it. mixed and timed. my email is dominicanak. shoot me an email. i want to discuss some things further pelase. later man i am late for my surgery rotation. gonna suture some people back up today. wooohooo!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »