Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
applicant 80-90 - healthy
anybody has any iv so far?
REALITY CHECK.

THE MEAN SCORE FOR THE STEP 1 IS 221 / 94

94!!!

SO HALF OF ALL THE APPLICANTS HAVE SCORES HIGHER THAN 94.

IT IS THAT SO DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT?

(although it is true that this mean is taken from AMG data, an IMG should have scores higher than the US mean to be considered)
@dsprte2match

Getting scores in 80s is not a crime. its just not his/her day. having said that it is difficult to overcome a poor score, but people have matched with scores in 80s. you never know what gets you an iv call.

congrats on your triple 99 and good luck!
216/199/199. all first attempt. 2009 grad

applied to ~250 programs in im. fingers crossed.
desperate2match,, somewhere along the triple 99 you seem to have forgotten the difference between mean and median,, also the mean was 217 with a standard deviation of 21..#just sayin
gunner,, Let me teach you something .

in a NORMAL distribution, MEAN = MEDIAN = MODE

and the mean for step 1 is 221, with a SD of 24. check your facts.
ok desperate,, where exactly did you read that the usmle scores are in a normal disrtibution???
@dsprte2match, ur explanation is correct.

Statistically higher scorers match more commonly.
However, that is statistics. In an individual case no one can predict who will match and who will not.

2 of my friends matched with 84, 86 whereas another 2 with 99,99 and a 97,99 did not.

Can we be a little nonjudgemental to each other? Non-judgemental attitude is part of US culture.
people with a score in 80's definitely do match. I have a couple of friends who did match with their scores in 80's and 1 friend with a double 99 had to apply 2 times before matching. I do agree with studentlife123 to be slightly non-judgemental.
@dsprte2match: people with lower scores than u do match and u will find that out by the end of this interview season. good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »