Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statistics and ugly truth for non caribbean grads - ozpy
People really need to reference when they post such information on public forums, especially those which could potentially affect one's mental peace.

That being said, Carribean grads have 2 years of USCE, and usually a US citizenship. I don't understand how that's an unfair advantage. If you don't like that, you should work on getting more usce .

Just for the record, I am neither a Carribean grad or a US citizen.
The US system is quite fair , especially when compared to other systems like UK or Canada where you don't have a shot unless you are a citizen or perm resident of those countries.

You obviously felt the opportunities in this countries outweighed the benefits of pursuing residency in your country, so quit whining and spreading negative energy.
@houstonpass

Couldn't have said it better!
@ houstonpass and @umairafzal.
I totally agree with your comments. As a non-US IMG, I am extremely grateful if I am given any opportunity in the US.
Carribean students' have every right for residency opportunities in the US as everyone. THere is no unfair advantage. If one thinks that there is lack of USCE, then one can always transfer your credits to a Carribean school during ur clinical years!

I have no US Clinical Experience but this is not deterring me from applying.

Good luck!
apart from a handful of caribbean schools, the rest SUCK!!
and i guess the same can be said about many other foreign medical schools
Incorrect!
Last yr ~7500 IMGs entered US residency.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »