Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed NBME's but failed STEP 1!!!! - sexydoc
No i did not have a study partner and i studied approximately 12-14 hrs a day
For how long did you study?
try to get a steady one for a day to day meeting lasting for at least 4 hours a day treating questions from qbank(uworld and kaplan),making sure u read d explanations,am sure within 4 months u will be ready.............u can increase d hours as it deeems fit.wishing u d very best
As i mentioned before, I studied for 7 months straight...

I guess i will try a study partner this time and do kaplan questions as well, even tho a lot of my friends said kaplan questions did not help them. UW is most important.

Thank you all for ur support... please feel free to suggest anything else in mind
i agree kaplan may not help much but wit no doubt it well let u understand d concept better,i mean proper grasp of concept

@sexydoc: I think the toughest part is narrowing the answer down to the last one...the last 2 answers are always really close...I had questions like that when I took CK so not surprised that step 1 is same. They're tricky & then we're on a time limit.

I doubt u would remember all the uw q's though the concepts would surely be fresh in your mind. Lately I've been hearing that kaplan qbank has changed & now the q's are more difficult than uw q's. U might wanna try that. Also Rx just to reiterate FA.

What was ur % on uw? And did u do it timed, mixed? Second time just incorrects or all?

@sexydoc.... how did u feel u did on the day of your exam. Did u feel like you forgot stuff you should have known? like q's where u can find the answer directly in FA, cuz those are points u cannot afford to loose.
@carpediem1 ...my percent in UW was 55-60%..i did it timed and mixed.... the second time i did it all over again....

@shmd77..I totally agree with u about easy FA points... I felt my test was in the medium to hard range....definitely some one liners where u knew it or not...those were easy....but most of them u had to think 2-3 steps ahead to get ur answer...
honestly i test day i was cool....was not nervous....and i thought i did okkkkk....definitely did not think i failed by any means...that is why i am sooo shocked....
dd
I. Guaranteed Passage
a. Call in, 24-7 Information Line:
Six four one, seven one five , thirty nine hundred, ext nine five two, nine seven nine

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »