Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to write steps while doing researc - targetsurgery
Hi.. I am an IMG aspiring to do surgical residency. I am done only with step2cs. I would like to do research for 2 years before I apply for a surgical residency. I have mailed a few attendings asking them for research opportunities and a few of them replied positively. One or the other might take me into their research as a post-doc. Now, I am afraid that I cannot prepare well and take the steps while doing research. If I become a postdoc I would be given a leave of only 14 days per year. I cannot even take 15 days off to finally review the subjects before taking the steps. Is there anyone who attempted the above?? I am in a dilemma about what to select among the two..

a) prepare and take step1 and step2 by the august of next year (august, 2012 ) and start assisting research (2012august - 2014 august )? apply by 2014

b) grab the opportunity and prepare/attempt steps while doing research (2011 november - 2013 august)? apply by 2013

I have graduated just a week back. I have 2 months usce in a very good university. Any suggestions/help will be very much appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

Is it possible to write steps while doing research

Viewers, the same post has got good replies from a lot of people. Please go to Matching and residency tab and search for the same post posted on 10/10/11. Please see the replies and leave a comment [ your opinion ]. May God bless you all...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »