Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transduction bacterio - katy2011
can anyone please explain the transduction process and what is the differ btw generali and speciali transduction..i dont get it from fa and i dont have much time to look for it elsewhere
thanks in advance
ok DUCTION(GENERALIZED) is when a LYTic phage(a cell destroying virus) infects a bacterial cell and causes lysis of the host bacterial genome and a lil piece remains of the bacterial genome after its been blown u pieces by the lytic phage using the host bacterial cells machinery to replicate it own phage viral dna and viral proteins and during the "packaging"(assembly of the phage parts to form a mature phage which go to infect other bacteria) the random piece of bacterial DNA gets incorpated into the phage and it can infect another bacteria
DUCTION --SPECIALIZED is once again phage virus spits its viral dna into a bacterial cell but this time the cell doesnt die the viral dna gets incorpatated into the bacterial dna and every time the bacterial dna replicated the viral dna also is replicates....

but when there is a physiologic stressor like UV radiation or chemical detergents the phage viral dna that was iincorporated into the bacterial dna want to leave quickly cuz of the presence of the stressor and when the viral dna is excisiing from the bacterial dna site in which it originally inserted it does so abnormally( "excision error" )and excises a peice of the bacterial dna which then gets incorpated in to a phage and can infect another bacteria
@shigatox22...thank you very much now it makes sense...wish you a great score ..good luck
np GL to you too ...the info i gave was in micro kaplan 2010 vids
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »