Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme4.... - crazyusmle
just started and 2 of them are

block 2 que 3,
previously healthy 14 yr old boy brt to the ER 30 mins after onset of wheezing. were having a party......chest xray shows atelectasis.....most appropritat.
answer says 'G'. options end 'E'

, didnt want to get confused so i stopped.
do u have an offline version of urs,
Pls, if u dont mind can u send it to me. could be the same questions but diff numberings.
crazyusmle

thanks
hmm..yeah sure..that cud be an explanation...different numberings...but still....questions re supposed to be numbered the way they re for ages now...idk..
sure ..
check ur mail please ..and tally the answers

lemme know if it'sactualy nbme4 ( which i beleive it is)
oh dear!!! u r far too kind

the ones i've checked, same questions. numbered differently thats y
will keep u posted if i feel any is diff

thanks
@crazyusmle,
yes i did the extended feedback form n discussed it on the forum too.
i can paste the link to that discussion here for u but if therez some thing that u disagree with, dont hesitate to post a question.
all the best!
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=632259
the only problem to posting answers like , abcdef is that our question sequence my be different, it will create confusion for every one, so its better to post the Qs n then write the option.
oh!! really?
i guess they shuffled the questions for extended feedback form..anyways...i'm glad the content is the same...i hope u'll be less troubled now...

good luck for ur test !!!!
thank u queeidine, but i have no problem in helping some one on my way to the exam.
the only reason of posting the link here is make stuff easy for crazyusmle, since he won't be finding anyone 24/7 to answer his qs.
the worng answers i noticed from key sent. based on what i chose and didt get as wrong in extended feedback

blk 1

2: A
8: C
11: E (Bronchiolitis)

blk 2

31 37. A 62-year-old woman with hypertension comes to the physician for a follow-up examination. Her hypertension was well controlled until 1 year ago; during the past year, her blood pressure has ranged between 160/100 mm Hg and 180/120 mm Hg. Treatment with maximal doses of an ACE inhibitor, a diuretic, and a β-adrenergic blocking agent for 10 months has not controlled her hypertension. She has a 2-year history of increasing leg pain with walking that improves with rest; she is otherwise asymptomatic. Her last menstrual period was 7 years ago. She smoked one to two packs of cigarettes daily for 40 years but quit 1 year ago. Her exercise capacity has improved during the past year. She is 152 cm (5 ft) tall and weighs 48 kg (105 lb); BMI is 21 kg/m2. Her pulse is 85/min and regular, and blood pressure is 160/100 mm Hg in the right arm, 175/105 mm Hg in the left arm, and 155/90 mm Hg in the right leg. Cardiac examination shows a nondisplaced point of maximal impulse; there is an S4 but no murmurs, heaves, or thrills. Abdominal examination shows no abnormalities. Pulses are 2+ in the upper extremities; the femoral and dorsalis pedis pulses are 1+ bilaterally. Serum studies show a potassium concentration of 4.5 mEq/L, urea nitrogen concentration of 20 mg/dL, and creatinine concentration of 1.2 mg/dL. Which of the following is the most likely cause of this patient's hypertension?

A
) Atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis

B
) Coarctation of the aorta

C
) Fibromuscular hyperplasia of the renal artery

D
) Polycystic kidney disease

E
) Primary hyperaldosteronism

A is correct.

blk 3

A 52-year-old man is brought to the emergency department by his brother because of fever and muscular rigidity for 24 hours. He has been taking chlorpromazine for 4 days for agitation and insomnia. He was well until 2 days ago when he began to sweat profusely and feel agitated. He went to bed and began to have visual hallucinations. On examination today, he is agitated, disheveled, and yelling. His temperature is 39.2°C (102.5°F), pulse is 120/min, respirations are 24/min, and blood pressure is 150/100 mm Hg. Physical examination shows clammy skin and rigid extremities. Deep tendon reflexes are 2+ bilaterally. Hoffmann and Babinski signs are absent. On mental status examination, he appears to be having visual hallucinations. He is not oriented to person, place, or time. In addition to hydration, which of the following is the most appropriate next step in management?

A) Add acyclovir to the regimen

b) Add benztropine to the regimen

C) Add ceftriaxone to the regimen

D) Administer intravenous physostigmine

E) Discontinue chlorpromazine

B: is wrong.......from extended fback.

5 6) A 57-year-old writer comes to the physician for a routine health maintenance examination. During the interview, she reports that she has become increasingly preoccupied with ensuring that no one will steal her manuscripts. She says that she has been preoccupied with this thought since her first book was published 12 years ago, but her concerns have intensified since she started a new novel 3 months ago. She hides pieces of her work on computer diskettes in various places around her home or in her car and maintains a list of hiding spots. She also labels each project with a coded name, planned completion date, and current number of pages written; she updates this list daily. She has refused her publisher's request to communicate by e-mail because she is afraid her work would be pirated over the Internet. During the past 12 years, she has fired seven housekeepers because she has suspected them of stealing. She appears well groomed and stylishly dressed. Physical examination shows no abnormalities. Mental status examination shows a goal-directed thought process and business-like demeanor. Her speech is fluent, and she is polite but never smiles. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A)Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct

B)Delusional disorder, paranoid type

C) Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder

D)Schizoaffective disorder

E) Schizophrenia

F) Schizotypal personality disorder

46) B: Febrile seizures due to ear infection. no need for a CT scan.

blk 4:

6. A is wrong from extended fback

yeah for these ones too we figured out the right ones..u're absolutely right about the corrections...
thanks a lot for putting em there!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »