Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the best way to study biochem?? - docpika
whats the best way to study biochemistry?im having a haaaard time finishing it.any advices?im using kaplan ln.
GL everybody!
UW subject wise
kaplan lecture notes with dvds [ lionel raymond = beast!!! ] and first aid.... uworld for touch up...
He has already been reading kaplan
I had a hard time with biochem like you do, docpika..spent huge time on it and then realized i didn't remember any pathway at all.. the book is tooo much
To me, i printed the chapter biochem (only) in med essential, just abt 15 pages, used it along with FA, and added detail when i did questions..i think it's enough for biochem..
Good luck.
kln are long i undersstand but the videos are excellent from lionel raymond its a mustttt u watch them to understand... yes u will not remember the PATHWAYS but when did usmle ever quiz u on that .... just kno the defects.... START DRAWING THEM OUT multiple times over and over and over and know the rate limiting thats all u need .... not that glucose goes to glucose 6 phosphate to fructose 6 phosphate to blah blah blah to DHAP and G3P to PEP to Pyruvate to Ach CoA .... just kno RL and Pathology.... gooodluck!!
thanks everybody!.right now im doing anatomy.i kinda stopped bichem for a while,i didnt wanna feel so discouraged n stop studying other subjects.
ill probably go back to it after im done with anat.
i have the videos with dr seastone...
another question?is it wise to start uworld now?im done with embryo,immuno n microbiol.
halfway with anat,biochem behaviorism.
i plan to give exam in april if im confortable.

@samideb12,im a girl,mom of a 7 months old as a matter of fact! Smile Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »