Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help regarding this letter - linezoloid
Hi I got this letter today from a program. I just want to know if it is a courtesy letter or does it mean that they r interested to rank me higher, becoz i luv this program. Please help guys.

Dear XXX,

As the interview season comes to a close, we wanted to touch base with you. We are pleased that you chose to interview with us to take a look at our Residency Program here at ---. After having visited other programs, you may have new questions about our Program here at ---.

This letter in no way requires you to rank our program. However, we would like to ensure that you have all the information that you need about ---- as you create your rank list.

Please contact us if you need any further information about our Program.

Best wishes for your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
anzone please..
Well it says nothing about how highly they consider your application. It may just be something to keep the communications line open. perhaps they hope you may reply and hint how highly you are going to rank them or how much you love them etc etc.
There really isn't anything to hold on to here. Do reply them and profess your love for their program. it won't hurt and it may help you.
ya. I did it. But am interested know what it means because it was sent to some interviewed candidates and not to every candidate..
I don't understand what you mean by "you are interested to know what it means". Do you want someone to say either A. it means they ll rank you highly or B. it means they won't rank you highly? Are these the options you are looking for?
And by the way how do you know they didn't send it to every candidate? Just curious!
They'll likely rank you - that's all it means.

This is a generic letter. If I received such a letter I would profess my love and take advantage to make some questions just to show interest. Even that I dont know if it changes anything
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »