Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to satyayit_k_md - mery
Thanks a lot! highly appreciate your kind help. it is not impossible, but really tough. i need to find something urgently to survive. i dont know what else to do if god forbid i cant with 1 yr prelim! Sad
Your are welcome. I think your situation is good though, since you already have PGY1 complete.
I am guessing your current PD is not of much help?
nah Sad ...she is getting 100% amg,she said to look into amg frndly programs! so my situation is realy freakin tough Sad...i wish i had not matched there. i dont knw wht else to do if i cant find anything. just to trash the pgy1?!
wht is scramble process this yr? am i late? i dont knw the new soap or else?
wow - that's f-up but it is still good that you have the 1 year USCE on resume even if you have to apply again so no biggie.

Scramble is called SOAP this year. I am not sure, but i think you have to be registered with NRMP and apply to at least 1 program to be eligible for it. Basically SOAP is more streamlined with whole process managed online via your NRMP account.

http://www.nrmp.org/soap2012applicants.pdf
thanks. my situation is tough, my place promised me the slot, then they filled it with 3 extra of their own who cudnt match Sad....i feel like shooting into my head! if i cant make it this yr, then wht? i am an old grad with cut off yr!! Sad i feel very sick and sad.
Let me guess, it was filled with 3 DOs who could not match?
I think your PGY1 experience will be considered in lieu of grad year... at least from what i saw on websites of some FM programs.
yes, dats all ! places to avoid to get in! Sad they cud have told me earlier at least..not to make u work hard over holidays and then!? Sad no morality at all! now wht i can do? and i need visa!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »