Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ nrmp 2012, dynein, dr_no3man,ijustgottamatch n.. - tess
Yours suggestions as to how to rank the following cat IM progs will be really appreciated:

union memorial, MD
st. lukes, MO
sinai grace, MI (only J1)
caton, OH
harlem, NY
western NEOMED, OH
guthrie , PA

My priority is a good educational exp. with teaching and didactics, n fellwoship opps.
I am interested in f'ship(GI as of now)....
well GI will be very tough from these programs

so st luke is offering H1 this year?......last year the PD told me they are start offering j1 only

i don know about NEOMED nor Caton

again I don see a big chance for GI in any of those.......so go for H1

FOR ST LUKE IF YOU LIKE NATURE THE PLACE IS SUPERB

but why GI......ask yourself......do you really like it?.......sometimes we just tend to pursue specialities cause they are competitive to prove ourselves when we get them!

again its ur call.....try to rank the program you will feel more comfortable in......this is 3 years of your life......besides the PD you felt more comfortable with......some PDs are very supportive.........so it is your call...

sorry did not give you a definite answer but simply there aint a one!
@dynein - thanks..so r u already into residency?
what wud u suggest sinai grace or harlem? which shud be ranked higher...
harlem has inhouse GI fellowship, o ffers H1B visa, n PC sed f'ship progs prefer their own grads...
but harlem is not safe...
do u have anu reviews on sinai grace, DMC? like % of grads pursuing f'ships n how mnay of them get into WSU f'ships???

i am getting confused how to rank these 2...
Dude, I really want to help u, but its u who knows the programs best, coz its how u liked the pgm that matters. I have ived at guthrie only and its way down in my list, though above a few j1 pgms.

I wdnt go to harlem if i were u, but if u badly want fellowships, go into a pgm that is either university/reputed univ-affiliated community or a pgm that has in-house fellowships. Otherwise fellowships will be tuff to come by. Things are already tuff as they are.
@ ijustgottamatch - so r u ranking H1 progs. aove all the J1 progs. or u giving program reputation n quality a preference?
n y wud u not choose harlem???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »