Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABout LORs, please. - iyadara
This is for everyone but especially those who have any ideas about matching: I know it makes more sense to get a LOR from the US but what if you were an excellent student who got to work with prestigious doctors in your medschool (not int he US). COuld you get maybe one from them too. Thank you.
Bump..
Yes but generally US LORs are so much better, for one the PD for say a fam med prog would prefer to see a letter from a US Board certified fam med doctor than one whose credentials he/she isnt sure about.

Now if the doctor was US trained and all, then that would help, and they should be sure to include it in the LOR.

Bad timing btw. You wont get much response from anyone at the moment, cause folks are still trying to figure out their 2012 match, with soap going on. So save additional questions till a few weeks down the road.
Thank you for the response.
you can try to use that letter, but i don't think it will carry much weight, as selection committees look for LORs from the USA/Canada.
you can use them as your fourth letter..the US letter the better
Not sure....I think it is good o have one from your home school to show that you were stellar on that rotation, not just giving it your all for US rotations and neglecting your home school. Of course, if this extra letter is from a school in western Europe and is not an offshore school and the attending is well known, it will hold more weight. Otherwise, maybe it is better to use only US LORS. I used one European LOR from a chief of surgery from my home school, and got positive comments about it during interviews. What did others do in this situation?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »