Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Visa - logos
I am ECFMG-certified IMG.
I've got residency interview invitations, but US consul refused to give me B1/B2 visa - "no strong ties with your home country".
PDs said they can't allow me to be interviewed by the phone or on-line.
what can be done here for the next year MATCH?

Improve strong ties with your country
get a paying job and letter from your employers that u are employed and u being granted leave to attend your interviews.
@nrmp2012

I already had a job and the letter from my employer - when I asked consul, what exactly did he mean by "no strong ties with your home country", he asked back - "are you married?"
I'm not going to marry someone in order to get visa.
@logos: I was in same situation last year. I couldnt make it to the interview and i took up a job in Caribbean since some one suggested me getting US Visa is much easier from foreign land than home land these days. I applied for visa from Caribbean after 4 months of stay for step 3 but B1/B2 refused and reason "no ties to home country" I applied for research in US who could sponsor me visa and here I am doing my research and attended my IV this season but unfortunately went unmatched. No worry I will keep trying till i dont get there. So dont give up !!

GL !
@alprax1983

thanks a lot.
I was also thinking to take a job in Trinidad (the friend of mine is working there) and then to apply for US visa from there, but now I can see that applying for research in the US may be better option. if you do not mind, could you, please, send me an e-mail with the name of that institution, where you're doing research?
my e-mail is -
gmaeni
thank you in advance.
logos...it seems u had one of those muthafvckers who take pleasure in rejecting pple. If u marry...he will ask u if u have a house or property.
I think u shd try again....in case u still have the job
Note...for research too...the J1 also requires u to have significant ties with ya country.
Hope everything works out
@logos

Why were u refused visa? I'm in the same situation.
Both my parents recently became green card holders implying permanent residents.
And I don't have a valid visa. I applied twice but both the times was issued only for a couple of months. many ppl told me that I must get married in order to reach the states.
but I'm not the one to marry to just get my entry there.
Even I'm working on my options present. One of them being getting an additional degree in home country.
Good to see ppl like me and my thinking also exist.. Smile
I didn't have sufficient usce because of this problem and went unmatched.
But I believe having a life is very IMp, I know the tension I underwent every time I went to the consulate.
Those are brainless wonders for sure.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »