Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How helpful is externship - obead
Hi everybody,

I am planning to apply for the match this year (next september). I wanted to know how helpful is externship for my cv. I don't have us clinical experience, but I have done many observerships in Canada. I am thinking to take externship for one month in internal medicine through FMG Portal. Please advice...I would really appreciate it

Thank you
Obead
Immensely helpful, especially if you can get a strong LOR from the experience as well. Definitely better than having no USCE at all.
what is FMG portal? How do you get this externship? Thanks.
google FMG portal, you well find onlie, leave your contact information and they will contact you.. its for profet organization as you have to pay 500 $ per week for the externship. its so expensive.. thats why I am asking how helpful it is....
I may be able to give you some perspective. Faced with doing an externship or my STEP 3, i chose the externship. Paid 300/week for 6 weeks. It wasnt bad BUT in retrospect i feel i would have gotten more IVs with my step 3.

In terms of priority as n ING, please get ALL your STEPS over and one with first. The caveat being that you must have scored high or showed improvement in subsequent scores.

I hope that helps.
Thank you ascalapius for your reply
Obead, see the link below for externships and observerships. I did IM and psych with FMG portal, and was very satisfied. They are not cheap, but nobody in this damn industry is cheap. You can pay with CC, and that is an important feature as it protects from scam as opposed to paying with cash.
here is the link:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=664743
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »