Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resarch position - syednaqvi
guys I am gonna have an interview for clinical rsearch position in two weeks,
anybody have an idea about the interview, what kind of question they ask especially about the applying in residency in next match etc.
i heard that they dont like if u say that u gonna apply the residency becoz they want for long term to work with them.

Plz help me reply!
You can be honest and express your interest in residency. If they tell you they expect you to stay for 2 years, then obviously you can't leave them before that. You can negotiate your plans and terms with them. Then you both can decide to either go for it or decline it. After all, it's up to you. Maybe you want to consider changing your residency plans to work with them Smile
@syednaqvi........would you mind sharing how you got that research position interview...would be great help
thanks.
Hi,

I was in a similar situation you are facing now. The PI did not want to hire me at all because he knew that I was going to apply for residency. You just have to be really convincing, tell him/her that you fully intend to work hard and that this will be your sole priority. Also you are willing to stay for a year (if you start now you can and should continue this research until you start residency which is JUNE 2013). That is what put my PI at ease, was when he heard I was giving a years worth of commitment. Actually this interview is really good practise for future IV's for residency so take it as such, dress nice and make sure you act professionally and committed to work ethic, I am sure that the PI will appreciate it and give you the job Smile Also, take any LORS that you have on hand and your cv in a portfolio, and in case you have any publications.... Smile GL!
Thank you, Dr. owee And never give up:
I got this with a reference hardlly and finally found that out.

Dr.owee

Can u plz tell me would this be worth it for next match to improve the CV if could get this oppurtunity, I mean which will b better, the externship or the research position. I already have some hands on and research experience as well.
Hey well its hard to say.. I personally think my usce helped me more but the research was obviously beneficial.. It really depends on ur whole cv including what u wanna go into.. If you want more help you can email me at dr.owee@yahoo I check that more then the forum! Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »