Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice - clffgfr
I need some advice pls.
I have matched for a prelim post but i will be away from
My husband. All along he has been reluctant to me accepting a post. Now that
This has comeup, he has agreed to let me go but wants me to be bk by december.
I am already nervous about starting this post and this emotion is making me even more so.
I love him and he me. I know he means well but dont know how to deal with this abt coming bk by dec.
That was never discussed with me. I looking forward to starting work but I am really struggling
To deal with this situation.
Anyone in similar position or would like to offer some advice?
I am happy I matched but there is no welldone or congratulations. Just that you will
Be going away and i will be all by my self. I feel guilty but I also cant sit at home.
Have I achieved smthg or am i expecting adulation where it is not due?
I did not match. But i was away from my fiancee during the interview season. Gearing up for the next match. We have already discussed the fact that we would be living in different countries for the next few years.

Well you would be done next June. And you get a month off too. And if your husband is in the US he can probably visit you often. You should talk to your husband about the various options you have.Of course getting into a residency is a big thing. You deserve it as you have worked hard for it.

Good Luck.
Thank you missdoit. Its so difficult dealing with spouses at times.
I am sorry you did not match. I will pray that you get what you want.

On the first day of orientation...discuss this situation with PC so that they can help you to schedule your vacation to before december. If your co residents are understanding u can even switch around with them to make that deadline. But make sure u deal with it on day 1.
he will need to understand that sacrifices have to be made. U can split your vacation into 2 two weeks soo that u see him twice a year...and he shd make effort to also see u . U really need his support becos it doesnt end in one year....there is more ahead
Thank you nrmp2012. I knw theres more ahead. I am hoping for the best.
So you think I should break the vacation time into two wk slots?
would be best scenario for u
if u wanna break it into one week slot...that isnt bad too as u get to travel 4x in a year if u have the resources. But u will end up with less time with your family
also it depends on your program as some want u to take a whole month off. talk to coordinator during orintation
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »