Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psych programs info - psych_doctor
Hi all,
does anyone have any info on the psych program at the univ of hawaii? I just got an invite but I'm debating if its worth the travel or not? thanks much!
i think they offer only j1
I never even applied there because it is so far. And a little expensive to live and travel to as well. If you are going to interview and go all the way over there that program should be your number 1.
hI FLOWERMAU, thanks but i have a green card so no visa issues....
fred, I am also rethinking because of the cost of travel......do u know anything about the program?
no
Thanks fred...... Anyone else have any input?
if you look at their research stuff, it's pretty limitted content wise (it's an island, got it?Smile
Also, there's pretty much military on that island, so you will see people from that population.
Crime rate is supposed to be low.
My fear would be that it's hard to leave once you're there. And after a while it would become boring for me to be away from other civilization..
Anyways, I don't think the program is bad, but has limitations implied by nature.
Beware, that's my personal opinion, ok?
thanks a lot neh05.....I was thinking along those same lines......decided not to go for i/v.
good luck!
hi psych doctor,

i am just curious if you got any prematch offer, looks like you have attended quite afew intv. are you considering to go for pre match or match. i read few of your msgs asking for the advise about the prog. i applied only in tristate area so i couldn't answer most of your que.
i got only 4 intv and hoping that i may get some calls in jan as applicants who got lot of intv start cancelling in jan.
good luck
Hi img592,
I have attended 5 interviews so far......got a 'kind of' prematch offer in austin (PD said she'll call me in January) I liked austin,rosalind franklin and Penn state.I have quite a few in January.I will take prematch if offer comes from good univ. program....otherwise planning to go for match.
good luck to u too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »