Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with low NBME score - ricot02
Hello friends I am so depressed, feeling I am a mess. Been studying for about a year now on and off, but more regularly in last 3 months. This morning I took NBME 7 and my score is 240. I took extended feedback so I have the report that I got 90 questions wrong. I never see that low score here in this forum. I felt so stressed was like I was taking the real exam, could not finish blocks on time. I know they are some questions I didnt know but I do know a lot of them but I was just restless with difficulty to focus. Please tell me what to do . Should I just go over the ones I got wrong first ? And what to do next? Please friends your advice will be greatly appreciated
Hi ricot02
Perhaps you don't see that score on the forum because some of us will not report it Smile

As you said, work on the wrong Qs first. After that, I would go back to the corresponding subjects and read up on them and do more Qs to fill in the gaps. I would also pull out UW notes and study them again and again.
I know from experience that when you study on and off you tend to have gaps. So work on those.

If you find that you are still not sure, go back to Kaplan mainly on those topics that you missed. And when you are done, take another NBME and see how it goes.

I know how you felt when you were taking the NBME. I had a similar experience too.
It gets better. Let's agree it's a "normal" reaction Smile
Look at this score as a step to move forward to learn from and not to be discouraged.
I'm sure you'll score better next time. Good luck Smile
I agree with psychmledr
keep your morale high, check your weak areas and try to move ahead.Good luck
hey ricot02....u got 90 questions wrong.. this says u need to be thorough with concepts...don't go here and there...just open ur kaplan..and watch all the videos or study lecture notes.whatever u feel comfortable..dedicate at least one month time to do this. this depends on ur speed of reading,,else u can complete this in 15 days or take one half month.but make sure u are thorough with kaplan u will feel definitely feel confident...

then start doing first aid or DIT along with uworld for 15 days and take another nbme
if u are subscribed for uworld...DO them along with kaplan like at least one block a day..

definitely u will improve ur nbme scores...and will be ready to take the exam soon

but make sure that foundation is good.. else no matter we read still we will be there only..remember failure is the stepping stone for success.

nw remember only one mantra for u ...KAPLAN,,,KAPLAN,.,KAPLAN...don't look for anything and waste ur time.

GUD LUCK........
Thanks to all of you : Psychmledr, timmalik, stepsgirl
I appreciate ur imput. I read all kaplan before, did uworld side by side with FA. But wanted to have a great foundation before taking NBME. Maybe I should take an older one and move progressively. Anyway I am revising the wong answers now then will go subject by subject and take another NBME. I may have to take an older one next time like 5 or 6 because I would like to do 11,12, or 13 when I feel more comfortable.... Thanks a lot again. Will keep you posted on my progress
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »