Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imp qq..IN CASE OF FEVER...WHAT DO YOU THINK - raheem
relevant qqs MOSTLY should be toward system involve or toward DD or toward systemic review or all
could u parafrase ur question?
i mean when you start take history of fever and you find SP has cough ..when you will direct your relevant questions mainly?toward resp. system or DD of fever or systemic review because might be check list all about respiratory or might be all about DD
sorry i mean (how you will direct your relevant qq)
i say it is like this...
because systemic review and DD are more close together will be 50% of qq and questions regard
respiratory will be 50% so will cover all and deal with it as case of respiratory as usual when history should include (HISTORY OF MAIN COMPLAIN) AND (SYSTEMIC REVEIW AND DD)THEN PMH
If pt has cough, i would go with URI and go with resp.system.
I doubt that they will give us such an easy case, probably they will throw a case with fever,neg. for cough/acute abdomen,etc. You will have to go through organ-system review to figure out whats goin on. I would think it would be a pediatric phone case.I doubt that there will be a checklist specifically for fever,and at anytime u can do a short system review via yes/No answers.(blurred vision?headache?nausea/vomiting?loose stool?abd.pain?rash?vaginal discharge?weight changes/mood disturbance,etc...)

But if Pt gives u a clue in the beginning (i have loose stool/cough/rash with headache/swollen joint etc), i would narrow down to specific system:

cc.- I have a fever.
1.How high is ur fever- 101 (if pt doesn't know, ask- what makes u think u have a fever-I feel hot,i am sweating.)
2.when did it start-2 days ago
3.is it constant or comes and goes- constant;how often do u check?- 5Qday
4.any other symptoms that come along with fever?- yes, i have cough and I sneeze and chest pain.-
STOP HERE,wrap it up and ask questions related to Resp.system.ask 2-3 questions regarding fever after resp.system review (pt is concerned about fever,not cough,so needs to talk about it).

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »