Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your take on impact of time since graduation. - examcruise

I graduated in 2009, & hav bn wrkng in my home country since then. Came to the US after my wedding last year. Hubby is a PGY2 Resident. I've had experience in the United States as an extern. Have good LOR's. Taking steps now.

Irritated by gossip about cutoffs in year of graduation mattering a lot. I disagree as I did see many seniors of mine making it to good programs the last 2 Matches.

What trends did you all observe in interview calls for not-so-fresh grads?
Will appreciate any information shared. Thanks in advance ..
& Good Luck to you all! =)
Any information? Let's share it. It might come of use to each other.
Hi ,
I am at the Same boat here , and I understand that our chances are less ,but I know many people that are an old graduates and get matched which give me a hope .
Good luck
there are some programs that are particular about the years since graduation, depends on the requirements imposed by each!

Even with this gap.. work experience in the field of interest, externsip and Lors makes you a strong candidate.. so no worries! keep up the effforts!

And im sure you must be on a better visa status after marriage... so ur right on track!

can i know where u did ur externship?? which subj?

@ happyface85

Thanks for the reply. Good luck to you too.

@ jaimie85

Thanks for the kind reply. Wish you the Best!

I have electives from Ivy league places, externships in branches of IM & Emergency Medcn frm Tufts. Overall, 4 LOR's.

Hubby is a Resident in a very good program.

Am not too sure if my J2 will hold good. Hope for a J1 or H1B.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »