Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed Step 3, no more USMLE!! - neurosynapsis
Hi guys, I've been participating as a silent member for a few months, but Im very happy to say that Im done with all the steps, as I wanted to get it over with before starting my residency next month. If you guys have any questions in regards to its preparation, please do so before July 1st. Good luck everyone!
congrats
Congrats! It is a beast of an exam.

Can you post your UW %, USWA, or NBME form scores? This would be helpful for comparative purposes. Thank you!

Can you tell us when you took your exam ? Is it after the 6th of May ?
Hi Neurosynapsis! Soo glad to hear that. I know it's a big relief.

Congrats for finishing USMLE and starting Residency.

Nice hearing from you again.
hi everyone, sorry for the late reply, needed to snooze after I started the post:

@enigma002: UW Q bank 62%, UWSA 225, NBME Form 1 480. Final Score: 220

@Lysine: I took the exam on May 22 and 23, precisely 3 weeks after

@forever07: hi!! it's been a while indeed, thanks!!
Congrats on passing! Thank you for being willing to help us.. I do have some questions:

1) How many Drug ad/Abstract questions did you have in exam, and are they only on Day 1? Do you recommend doing them last or first? Are they easy, hard?

2) Are the actual exam questions the length of NBME questions or longer/shorter overall?

3) How about the difficulty, are the actual exam questions as hard as NBME or easier/harder? I am worried about if I will have enough time to complete each block.

4) How many CCS 8 min cases did you have, and are the 8/18min case formats similar to UW/Archer.. or will we need to do something extra to prepare for them? Also, in Archer they say to always go back after focussed physical and complete the physical exam late for the sake of completeness, but in UW they say just do the focussed physical and they never go back to complete the rest of the exam... which method did you use?

5) Was there anything you found surprising or did not expect that caught you off guard at the exam that you can share with us?

6) How long did you study for (how many months and how many hours each day total)?
Thanks for the reply! Looks like UW assessment was pretty close.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »