Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 year rule of usmle retake - jeraffe
Drpred...
How sure are you about this information because the ECFMG doesnt expain the way u mentioned.

Have you Gone through 7 year rule process personally or is it a hear say
.i mean Did you reapply for those states with 7 year rule and did they ask u to take Step 3 in states with out 7 year rule and then take USMLE STEP 1 FOR REPEAT APPLICATION.

How reliable is the info u provided

Thanks
yes i did it myself you can call state medical boards and ask them vause it was what i did and for me I have to retake all of them so basically I passed step 3 will have step 2 next month then will go for step 1 but call the states medical board to make sure which i am sure and dont worry it is not that badSmile
Hi drped
Thanks for the information.
But I did not understand it clearly. And I am facing a similar problem now. Can you please help me with your suggestion?
I took step 1, March 2007, passed
step 2 CK, Auguest, 2007, passed
CS November 2007 , passed
Took step 3 May, 2008 but Failed.
So after the 7 year period I thought I could retake my steps this year. But when I called ecfmg, they said I cant retake steps once I pass step 1 and 2 and ecfmg verified. I do not think the information is correct.
Can you please tell me is there any possibility to retake my exams now and what should I do.
Thanks
I am in connecticut now working in my final year of my PhD
Once you finish all your steps and ecfmg certified it will be valid indefinitely. And you can't do anything to improve your scores of previous steps unless you want to apply for newzealand medical council registration.
To drpred & marc007,
I am now facing the similar situation as you had. I really need your help. Could you please tell me how to retake the steps?
Drpred, can you pls tell which states do not have 7 year rule and can we practice there after passing step 3 under those states.

and for other people with confusion, drpred is giving the right infomation about retaking the steps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »