Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to write a LOR for a candidate with low scores - cody
I have checked several sample LORs and found that most of them said this student score 245, which is outstanding. but i dont have that high scores. i only got 79/88. Do i have to tell the referring physicians the scores that i have on step 1 and 2? where can i find sample LORs that not mention the scores? please help.

also, when i request LORs from the physicians. should i send my personal statement to them?

thanks

Cody Chairmaker
there is no point in mentioning your scores in your LOR unless they are mentioning scores of an "inservice" exam... only if there is nothing else to write about you because your knowledge, work ethics and personality are the worst that they have seen and they still want to be nice, then i guess they should mention your usmle scores. when you apply for residency, then you will submit your scores anyway, but the personal statement and lor are there to explain what else you have to offer besides being a good or bad test taker... so to bring this whole thing to an end- the content of a lor should not include your usmle scores Smile
thanks missycool,

I am shy to tell them my scores. so i decide i dont tell them. i probably just mention i have passed all the required exams and i am ready now to participate the match. do you have a nice request letter (sample)? do you know where to find the LORs in which there is no mentioning scores?

thanks

Cody Chairmaker
do not be shy, you did nothing bad, you do not have to mention your scores in RL but the program which will int you knows everything about you from ERAS.
i don't have any example LORs and there is no need for them... justt ask any attending who you worked with if they could write you a LOR...
someone please help
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »