Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am cancelling interviews - intel
bcos I accepted prematch. I want to know do I need to give reason to the program for cancelling the interview? Can u say u r cancelling bcos u accepted prematch?
congrats for getting prematch.........

yes, you can say so but more in professional language.... meaning, Thanks for providing me opportunity for interview in your program for PGY1 position. unfortunatelly, I would not be able to attend the interview. I have been offered prematch from other program and considering my goal in my medical career and opportunity I would be getting, I had decided to go with that prematch offer. I hope you would appreciate my decision and do needful to cancel my scheduled interview at your program..... thanks once again.... sincerely,,,, Dr. Intel..
Is it legal to offer and accept the prematch?
Raja123 thankyou so much for taking time to answer my question. I imensely appreciate your help.
you welcome.....

it is illegal for both parties ( program as well as candidate); you are breaking the law of NRMP; but, as you are withdrawing from NRMP on securing prematch, those law will not be in action.... NOT IN NRMP- NO NEED TO THINK ABOUT NRMP LAWS......

good luck for upcoming CONFIRMED residency.....
I think just dont mention you are accepting pre-match,just say you have decided to cancel the interview as you wont be able to make it.....no reasons required.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »