Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter of need for J1 visa problem - nipun
yes, i did....
Dear Sneha,
so u accepted a prematch with J1 right? then from u r going to get statement of need, from India or Canada? where are u right now? did u enquire anybody abt the statement of need? is it possible to get it from India for a PR from Canada? plz share your information, thanks in advance. good luck to all of us.
Hi mn, Thats the biggggggggggggggggggggggest problem i have right now, and bothering everyone on this forum to help me with any kind of guidence......... all i know is from this forum and a bigggggggg thanks to ratri and nipun.... still not sure about the procedure as some say i should go to delhi in person and some say its an easy letter you should be able to get easily, god only know..........how about u...
Thank you Sneha for your reply to my message.
Can we try to get it form here? or do we have to go in person?
have you contacted them?
found this posted in another forum,,,,

I am a resident (PGY-1)AND I have applied to Indian consulate ,DC, for extension for my J-1.I talked to them on phone and they asked me to send my documents(nobody mentioned that they don't do it anymore).Also, last year I got my statement of need letter for DC only as I was in U.S.It usually takes 15-20 days.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ISSUE OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE:

A copy of the Contract with the Hospital/Institute on the standard agreement form with a letter from the Program Director on the official letterhead with seal and contact telephone number.
A copy of Bio-data with your address, telephone number and if possible fax number.
A copy of your passport showing personal particular and validity of visa and passport.
A US stamped self-addressed envelope.
Written assurance in the prescribed form
FOR RENEWAL OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE:

A copy of the contract with the Hospital/institute on the standard agreement form with a letter from the program director on the official letterhead with seal and contract telephone number

A copy of previous No Objection Certificate.

Current IAP-66

A copy of the Bio-data with the your address, telephone number and if possible fax number.

A copy of your passport showing personal particulars and validity of visa and passport.

A US stamped self-addressed envelope.
Written assurance in the prescribed form

Their phone no. is 202-939-7005/7004.Try to conatct them and confirm details before sending documents.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Sneha,

From your post I see that you are a Canadian PR. If you are a Canadian PR you have to get the statement of need from Canada and NOT from India unless your last residence is India. ECFMG site cleary mentioned this. Please read the J1 rules again before you go all the way to India or spend tons of money on this issue. GOOD luck
I did call ecfmg..... and know couple of other people who called ecfmg.... they are fine with either one.....as i still have indian citizenship, my parents live in india.... and i have absolutely no intentions of staying in canada in future.... also, my PR would expire before i complete my residency... so there is no way i can come back to canada.....
any ways.....thankyou for noticing, and for the concern..... wish you good luck....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »