Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter to USMLE regarding CS reporting changes - mdcol
Dear USMLE fellows, i send this letter to USMLE requesting changes in CS reporting, the multitude of voices will help inthis effort, if you can write they will listen to us,
"Dear USMLE Secretariat, I am writing to ask and appeal for your understanding that when you changed on December 2, 2005 the report scheduling for the CS exam, many USMLE and ECFMG applicants were already scheduled for exams in January and february 2006 and there were no any more available dates for scheduling CS in December 2005. Your short notice of changing rules of reporting may be was very well intentioned but has created for the many USMLE and ECFMG applicants the fact that automatically they will be put out of the 2006 Match. This enormous harm to the many USMLE and ECFMG applicants can be quantify only in terms of at least one year lost in economical and academic value. Created enormous hardship for many USMLE and ECFMG applicants that will have to wait until 2007 match. I understand your need to provided some sense of expectations for the reports but even in your communication of December 2 2005 you do not even promised that all the results will be available at your proposed dates. I appreciate very much that you give consideration to my request and at least released the results available for January and february in a rolling bases as you have been doing and you did until December 30 2005. It is hard to understand how is going to affect the score or the reports for 2006 if you release them in a rolling basis as happened until December 2005. If there is any effect, that effect means that you treated the exam performed in December 30 2005 different to the one in January 3. If that is true, you should inform that in a very clear form and state that. Again, I appellate your decision of phase out the CS reports for 2006 considering it that will yield damaged into the many USMLE and ECFMG applicants applying for 2006 matching. Sincerely yours"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »