Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eras, NRMP, ECFMG Certificate - ba6el
Dear Friends,

I have a stupid question, and I dont know what the answer is, so please help if you know:

When the programs who interviewed me wanted to rank me do they take a look if I am ECFMG ecritfied or not in my ERAS Application, NRMP, or an email they got from ECFMG informing them that I am certifed ?

Thanks in Advance Smile GL
any help
Thank you if you know and if you dont know Smile
no relpy Sad
When you release your USMLE transcripts (it is a part of the CAF application you filled up on the ERAS application), your whole exam history goes to the Prog Director. My guess is that it is like a file which has different pages informing about your profile. I doubt there is any email involved.

USMLE ECFMG ERAS NRMP are all different organizations which cordinate with each other for the residency selection.

ERAS just sends the application to the program director...thats it. It (should) gets the information from ECFMG/USMLE for the certification process. If you break up the process USMLE keeps record of your exams and ECFMG is involved in actual certification process that includes contacting your college where you graduated.

NRMP is an independent organization which matches the applicants to the hospitals. The hospitals and the applicants get to give their choices for the match.

Hope it helps
As simple as this:
For certification: they look at "ECFMG status" which shows if u r certified or not only
For attempts and scores: they look at USMLE transcript

Both of them are submitted to programs through ERAS..
Thank you very much Smile
What they look in your ECFMG status is if you has passed the exams, no your certification. Your certification is something diferent.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »