Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many programs to rank to match? - md14
@docmilli : Only 1 list (ROL)
http://www.nrmp.org/residency/i-am-not-a...ic-senior/
http://www.nrmp.org/match-process/create...pplicants/
You do not need to rank a program to participate in SOAP. You just need to register with nrmp. Here is the info http://www.electronicresidency.com/whatissoap
Also @passedimg there is no point ranking programs if you don't get interviewed....programs.only rank candidates they've interviewed so there's no way you can match somewhere without an interview. try for soap, but mainly just work to improve your CV and build contacts for next year. Gl!
@sys

This is a quote from the link you provided.

"You are SOAP eligible if you are registered for the Main Residency Match and applied to at least one residency program and fully or partially unmatched as follows:"

You do have to apply to at least one program.

@blueamg I think @sys_71082 is correct. To be SOAP eligible, you need to apply to at least 1 program and not rank at least one program.
fouzan: correct, i didnt pay attention to that one!seems w need to at least apply to one program to receive unfilled position list in soap! damn! i cant imagine how they squeeze our last pennies out of our pockets.
@ rajji you don't need to apply to anymore programs. The programs you applied to this match count for that. It's just for people who didn't apply anywhere and are looking to apply through soap. The soap applications are free after paying for nrmp fees.
yes, i wudnt pay attention to stat. as we c, its to compet for fmg and mostly have a few or 1-2 ivs to begin with! that said, it looks like w match at our top choice...while we had only 1iv, one rol ...ther stat is not sophisticated... to c from those who matched at ther top choice....how many had only 1 iv....or out of how many ranked programs, they made it to ther top choice.
however, true that u may get 10-15 ivs and no program or a few rank u....pretty much unpredictable ...lets face it, its pretty much a gamble!
sys: i know...but poor ppl who apply now have almost no chance. i appleid in a few program(cudnt afford in sept), i wanted to add a few recently ...i called around 200 programs (ther website says ther deadline is up to end of jan)...but most of them said they were filled! i mean ....even if ppl have ivs there in jan and feb...they told me they have filled ther slots already...some said done with selections too. a few said to call at the end of december or 1st wk of jan in case of cancelation..but shortly sent email that they were done with 2014 apps/ivs! gl to all
"To be eligible for SOAP you have to apply for atleast one Programme" All applicants have already applied for NRMP match 2014 (paid while applying to 50+ programmes) are eligible.

However, you have to pay for registeration with NRMP, even if you do not have any IVs & nothing else besides this amount.

All applicants who have not got any IV, are also eligible for SOAP.

Only those applicants who have not matched will be able to see which Programmes have spots available - and apply to a given number from the list.

This is a fast process, so phone interviews are quick, they usually do not bother wasting time on visa applicants (So indirectly I am not eligible!!!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »