Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgently need your comments - Thanks - drimg2013
As I have seen in the website SOAP is just online. But not sure.
How many programs can we apply for in SOAP? Can we change the speciality? Is there any advantage to apply for prelim positions in SOAP and accept it? If you get prelim positions do you reapply for categorial next match or you automatically get selected.
chance of getting any call for fmgs in soap is almost none! even those with out standing app dont stand much chance...is designed for amg, even with that, their dean office has to help them out to make that happen. dont think much abt it, end of story!

Dont fool yourself to believe that SOAP ...u only need a call.
Some programs will surely call some candidates and interview them on the phone.
I can guarantee you that programs will not consider considering calling cadidates overseas.
I witnessed the fellowship match of my colleagues in residency recently. Though everything in SoAP was supposed to be online...some of them , who didnt match, had to go on interviews. SOAP is more difficult and is hell...but if u arent ready to fight till end then no need staying around
@drimg2013
Do you need a visa? If yes, then go for your vacation after your last iv, you can submit your rank list online from anywhere. No point waiting for SOAP cause chances for visa requiring applicants is close to NIL.
If you do not require a visa, then go on a vacation after the SOAP period. Unless you have a internet & phone that works from the place you are going to - cause it will be a phone iv for SOAP & you will have to keep checking online to see where all the vacancies are & apply accordingly.
Thanks canada1. I'd rather staying here till SOAP is concluded. Thank you all again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »