Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to rank these programs? - buzzzz
I dnt understand ur post
@buzz.
Sure. The hospital is having some financial difficulties as are many of the hospitals in NYC. They are not as bad off as others, and are trying to make changes (as Glen Cove hospital did) to avoid failing completely in the long run. The well insured patients are mostly going to LIJ while the latinos and chinese from Queens with medicaid or no insurance at all are using the resources there. Many qualified attendings are leaving as of late and taking positions elsewhere. They have already closed a few hospital floors and have set up observation rooms for under 48hours run by FPs. This is a model many hospitals in america are going after. They have cut 1 IM spots, 1 EM spot, and 1 surgery spot already. The chairman of emergency medicine has just left to go elsewhere. Many residents there are just not comfortable with the numerous changes and the stability of things. I would definitely rank them, but not super high on the list if you have other stable programs. This is what I know, from a 3rd year resident there. Good luck to you friend.
adios amigo, i was just messing with you ... don't want the OP to feel his thread has been hijacked.
peace
@obtmd: thank you very much for those insider information! I will keep that in mind when ranking... All the best wishes to your match!
@RH

what school did you go to.

I just dont understand why only 2 IVs.
rh: with ur crdt and fresh grad, i cant imagine why only 2 ivs?! particualry that u had 2 yrs usce, how come when u r 2014 grad? if u mean u did all ur usce in the us ....aka: u must have built lots of contact and dat alone must have landed u many many more ivs...something dont read rite here...or cud b, it is not all abt credt...pds sometimes like avrg app who have strong personality...whole package matter....not to point something negative to u ...just think abt it, dats based on wht u say. another issue is ur country of origin, by all honest, it DOES matter. w dont want to hijack someone s post here. hope u get in something good for u. gl to all.
lll
@rh:

I, too, would be perplexed if i were in your situation too. It's true you'll get fewer interviews than a citizen/GC, but i'm still surprised you only received 3. Here are some things to consider;

1) How were your rotation evaluations? Any failures/bad evaluations?
2) How were your recommendation letters (if you have any idea)?
3) Look over your CV, any glaring inconsistencies?
4) Where did you apply to? How many did you apply to? All university programs?

There has to be a reason! Hopefully you'll still match this season, but if not, I'd look closely at the points i've mentioned!

@OP - I'm not sure I can help you since my knowledge in IM isn't that great, but I'll chip in and say that I *think* you made the right choice with Rutgers as your top choice!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »