Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone who failed and still matched? - usmlegirl2
i know it sounds lame but please excuse me, i wanted to know if anyone failed and is an almost old grad, no visa issues, avg scores/low scores, and stillmatched anywhere in any field? please answer as i'm desperate for this to keep going in this journey to nowhere.

i am yet to take the exam but failing in nbme and pressure from family and everyone to take this damn exam. please no sugar coating. if there is no hope for ppl like me, i want to move ahead and be useful in this country and in life.
First of all my dear, you ARE useful in life no matter what choices you make - please know that.
Yes, there are people who have failed and matched. The challenges are of course greater and the opportunities much fewer. You are only going to get it if you try for it and the journey will not be easy but the reward great.
Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you have lived so cautiously that you might have as well lived not at all. In which case you have failed by default.
Explain very calmly to your parents that if you fail ANY exam, your chance of matching goes down from 45% to less than 15%. Then show them your NBME results. Do not go in if you're not scoring at 210+ minimum because you're only putting yourself in danger.
thank you all for the kind words
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »