Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me rank these IM categorical programs - syedalinaqvi1
@future: no probs! I thoroughly researched all the programs in New England, that's why I know. I do think it's a good program though; I was only pointing out their lack of fellowships. Also I personally don't like Salem on account of the "witches" in its history. Lol.
Doesnt Bridgeport have one cardiology spot versus 2 or three for Lahey clinic?
lahey has in house cardiology and so does bridgeport...but bridgeport usually take 1 from your own residency every year!
Bridgeport has one spot. So why go to a program to fight for one spot as against a program that u could fight for two to three spots.
The point is that lahey has a bigger cardiology program and this makes a difference in terms of contacts, LORS, and research experience. That is if cards is very important to u.
Also u need to look at elective opportunities from all these programs including the opportunity to rotate outside the program to get a shot elsewhere.
@syedalnaqvi1

I thought you didn't care about in house fellowships, since penn hospital has no in house fellowships.
@sayedalinaqvi1
You have a beautiful collection on your ROL, so it is difficult to make the list. I would definitely take Northshore up on that list & bring down Bridgeport (my iv experience says they prefer AMGs).

Not from IM, so you can do a bit more research on this.
Firstly, you will a very high chance of getting matched this year. According to ECFMG data, continous ranking>5, you chance is around 70%.

Secondly, do not assume that if you are in the residency program, you have better chance of getting into the fellowship program. You do have advantage but that is not a gurantee. The university hospital of a medical school does not recruit all trainees from the same medical school. Outsider, even IMGs have a lot of chance. It is the competition that makes human being survival. As other replies suggested: "always go to program that you like most and grap the program that you have higher, rather than lower chance of fellowship program".
thanks for your help guys!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »