Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROL in IM - canada1
I need to help my friend for ROL in IM, wants to do a fellowship in GI or Hem/Onc. I suggested:

SUNY Downstate
SUNY Upstate
Conemaugh Valley
Lincoln

Any inputs? futuremgboy/rajji???
Hi Canada,

I ived at Lincoln and I think it´s a solid program. Good hospital and good fellowships placements. I plan to rank them in the middle.
The cons are:
Location, although the area around the hospital was safe , I don´t see myself living in Bronx.
Cost of living : NYC !
Patients : Most of the patients only speak in spanish. I actually went to a restaurant near the hospital and the waiter could not speak a single word in english.
Affiliation : they claim to be affiliated to Weill, but you will only do an elective there if it can´t be provided by Lincoln. So , imho, it´s a very thin association.

The rest I dont know in person, but as far as I know Suny Downstate is one of the best programs an IMG get into.
I don´t know why but I had to separate my msg into pieces..
Thanks future, so I will convey this order to my friend who is a citizen from Chicago, so I guess Bronx will not be a deterrent!):

SUNY Downstate
Lincoln
SUNY Upstate
Conemaugh

Never heard of Conemaugh (as nothing in OBGYN there), any input on the IM programme there.
if I were you I would try
suny downstate
suny upstate
lincoln
conemaugh ( I don´t know anything about this program)
Thanks for your help.
Have told him to do some more research on Conemaugh on his own - even I am unable to help him there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »