Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking deadline for the pgs?? - drelbow
Is there separate deadline for pgs to certify their list or is the same as us? February 26th?
Thanks
Anyone?
it is the same for us and with them
Oh ok, great thanks...was wondering if is still good to send a ranking email....well for me doesn't make sense to do so but since I have only this one iv don't want to blow it away....really don't know what to do....any suggestions?
Thanks again
Might as well send them a ranking number one email. Might not help but certainly wouldn't hurt. This way you won't have to think about what if in case you don't match. They don't have to know you only had one program. Good luck!
I mean here is the thing I've been doing obsrvshp in this pg & have sent them the thank you letter a week after they interviewed me & got a nice reply back from the PD but is been about 2 mnths now should I email them again?
Thanks
& I guess I showed my interest during my observership & also interview but im afraid they might think something else now....thinking too much I guess....thanks for your ideas
@rajji if you are around any help buddy?
Thanks
drelbow: i think its the same deadline, prepare it ahead of time, dont wait for last minute.
re ranking email, it don't hurt, don't look disparate, just tell them that their program is ur top choice. some ppl say it is ok to tell them they are ur number 1....i personally wont, coz it looks unprofessional and pretty fake/disparate...unless it is somewhere like yale, john hopkins, ucla .

OR: u may say "i rank u number one coz i live there, or i have family there and prefer to stay there...or something to look good and real....not fake and hopeless.".even with this, try to put it down nicely and short..these emails are tricky and we dont want to piss them off rite now. it is better to tell them why u rank them #1 or high if u can think of something good. remember they want tough/strong/mature candidates...not small kids who need to live next to their parents.,,does it make sense? we have done our best by now, relax and hope for the best. good luck.
Dear rajiii , thank you so much for the detailed explanations .....you are right even though we all are desperately looking for a position I don't feel we have to look desperate. ...I will try to write it as short as possible
best wishes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »