Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise for CS fail - canada1
My friend has step 1 score - 245, step 2 - 254 but failed the CIS portion of CS - result of which came out last week, he had 2 Univ programme interviews in FM.

Since there is no time left now to re-take the exam for the match, what should he do? I told him to ask for re-evaluation? Any one else with any other suggestions?
sorry to hear that.

As far as I know, you have to be ECFMG certified before starting residency.

He may need to apply again next year Sad
Re-eval will very unlikely be successful
He can keep an open eye for CS exam slot openings ... but ROL deadline is approaching.
@lidoc
I don't think he will be eligible for ROL if he has CS fail.
Sorry I mean SOAP not ROL.
sorry to hear that, ur credit are good and u ll match. not sure ... or which programs u got iv...some might give u a chance given ur good score...try to re take and pass it asap...if programs u had iv are asking for ur ecfmg and else, u need to let them knw . they may make an exemption for u. (or ur frnd u r asking for). gl
There is no way to retake CS and get a score before ROL are due. Perhaps your friend can attempt to have the exam re-evaluated. Also, maybe your friend can write an email to the programs explaining what happened and tell them that they will take the CS again as soon as possible. Dates are hard to find though so they have to do it quick. As long as they are ECFMG certified by July they might be okay.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »