Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ranking consideration-No chairman in the program - shathabisha
Guys,

I'd appreciate any input from u all.

Monmouth Med Center, Long Branch, NJ has no chair currently and PD last year left Monmouth and went to St. Francis, NJ. During interview, they told us that they are interviewing the candidates for Chairman position currently. Former Chairman was very influential person itseems and used to even give a call for resident fellowship interested programs as well.

How much does such things matter in considering whether its a good program or a bad program? Also wat cld b the chances further to achieve fellowships there?

Plz lemme know wat u guys think...

Thanks!
you guys really need to start mentioning what speciality you're talking about
I guess it's for IM
I IVed at a place that is losing the PD and the chairman. The chair was similar to what you described, as in a person who would make calls to help someone get a fellowship. If you had better choices, I would go elsewhere. It seems scary to me to lose a chairman one year and the year before to lose the PD. Means maybe its not stable?
Nobody can predict nothing.
The next chair might actually be better than the previous one.
Chairs change every now and then. Sometimes they move to bigger places for better opportunities.
AAgree that chair an PD moving on within a year might indicate stability. But u shd analyze the strength of the program. Even with the past chair and PD how many pple went to fellowship. I think its the in house opport-potential LORS, research experience, away electives that helps to get into fellowship. If u are a good resident, most atimes the PD will try and help u get fellowship
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »