Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H1b expenses - butters
Hey guys. Whether anyone has any idea about the approximate expanses (not including premium processing fees) for getting H1 from a program? Many thanks!
I have heard it cost 10000, I really don't know if, it is true
Why do you care? The program needs yo bear the cost which is approx $4000 without lawyer's fees. By law, it is ILLEGAL for the visa recipient to pay for anything other than the premium processing fee ($1200) and many if not most programs would pay that as well because there is no way to get it in time without premium processing.
Assuming a large non-profit (NP) university hospital:
Visa processing fees: about 500-1000 (not sure of precise amt)
Premium processing: about 1000
Total: 1500-2000.
Cost to you: $0.
(The largest hospitals have salaried lawyers)

For any other institution, it gets tricky. Here are a additional scenarios:
-NP hospital tells you to pay premium processing only: cost to them: about $2k, cost to u: $1000+
- NP hospital tells you to pay lawyer fees only: cost to the (with premium) is 2kplus + 1000 plus, cost to you: 1000- 5000, depending on the lawyer you use, the state you're in, and your negotiating ability. I don't know anyone who paid more than 2k though
If you pay for both lawyer and premium, well add the immediate 2 scenarios above together.

I actually don't think for-profit hospitals sponsor H1s for residency, but if they do, the cost for processing alone, is about 2500-3500 - can't remember exactly how much anymore, (this doesn't include lawyer fees or premium processing fees)

Other people may have differing opinions/experiences though... Let's see what people say
There are different fees depending on the type of H-1B petition you are submitting.
Base filing fee is $325.
Premium Processing fee: $1,225.

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-stat...cap-season
Thank you all guys for your input.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »