Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Daugherty's lecture on physician patients - drstem
This professor is going to drive me nuts!! I listened to his patient physican relationship lecture from Kaplan behavioral sciences lectures.

1. In that he says not to do what we feel. Does that mean I should stop doing what I feel? Does that mean I should stop using my intuition?

2. He says to accept the patient's religion?? And he says that there is nothing wrong in that?? I cannot "acccept" the patient's religion . My religion asks to follow my God's only....not to start doing other religion's stuff. How can he ask us doctors to accept a patient's religion??!!!

Can somebody please help.
somebody please help
These ethics are applicable mainly for the exam so just stick to what he says you dont literally have to follow them -just for the exam qs
Dr. Daugherty, as he says in the videos, explains how the "ideal" physician would act. He pretty much explains how to pass the ethics portion of the exam. Obviously, not everyone/anyone follows all of those ethics explicitly.
Thank you so much. Smile
I have a masters in Bioethics. I dont know which planet you are from but you have to be ethical, not necessarily emotion driven. There are many philosophical positions to consider when you will be making a decision for your patient. what is ethical or unethical is not because the decision is right or wrong. If you continue to be irritated like this, you will lose your license during the first year of your practice. I hope you will learn a lot during your residency years. Some articles from the Hastings Center could help Smile
Now what is so unethical about my question??
I think fiteth was just making a point that a physician is held to a standard. We have to be ethical. My previous point wasn't to imply that we can ignore the ethics of the profession, but that in reality, no one is 100% ethical all of the time. That's not to say that we shouldn't strive to be. Many, many times in our careers we will come across a situation that, handled ethically, with come into conflict with our beliefs. How we handle that situation is what will separate the "good" physicians from the "bad" ones.
BTW, I just started re-watching the Beh. Sci. videos, so I'm sure I'll come across that topic shortly.
Thank you dear fmg8
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »